Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Book Review: Forget You

Author: Jennifer Echols

Publisher: MTV Books, a division of Simon & Schuster

Paperback: 304 pages

Summary from Book:

There's a lot Zoey would like to forget.  Like how her father has knocked up his twenty-four-year old girlfriend.  Like Zoey's fear that the whole town will find out about her mom's nervous breakdown.  Like darkly handsome bad boy Doug taunting her at school.  Feeling like her life is about to become a complete mess, Zoey fights back the only way she knows how, using her famous attention to detail to make sure she's the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the perfect girlfriend to ultra-popular football player Brandon.  But then Zoey is in a car crash, and the next day there's one this she can't remember at all-the entire night before.  Did she go parking with Brandon, like she planned?  And if so, why does it seem like Brandom is avoiding her?  And why is Doug-of all people-suddenly acting as if something significant happened between the two of them?  Zoey dimly remembers Doug pulling her from the wreck, but he keeps referring to what happened that nights as if it was more, and it terrifies Zoey to admit how much is a blank to her.  Controlled, meticulous Zoey is quickly losing her grip on the all-important details of her life-a life that seems strangely empty of Brandon, and strangely full of Doug.


My Thoughts:

Plot - 5 stars
Characters - 5 stars
Cover - 5 stars
Overall - 5 stars

Really interesting, romantic, sexy and overall a great story that kept my attention the whole way through. While searching for a good book to buy I saw the cover for Forget You. The cover itself drew me in. Come one, how cute is it?? After reading the description of the book I was instantly interested in reading it and bought the book shortly after. Echols keeps the readers guessing and wondering what will happen next.  I couldn't put the book down, I finished it within a day and was disappointed when I realized it was over.


Although I found Zoey to be a bit annoying at first, the decision she makes with Brandon despite the many conversations she has had with him concerning his past relationships, and by relationship I mean sex, with other girls, I did come to really like her. She believes, because her and Brandon were friends before, it will be different for them compared to his previous "relationships".  After a car being in a car crash Zoey finds herself in a mess when she can't remember the accident at all except for Doug, a boy who seemed to hate her for as long as she can remember, saving her and bringing her to safety. Now, not remembering anything from that night, confused about why Doug is now acting surprisingly attached to her, Zoey must put the pieces together to find out what really happened . She gets help from Doug, which isn't always the easiest thing, and along the way becomes closer to him. 


I loved Doug, although he appears to be a mysterious guy with a bad temper he really has a soft heart. It's clear he has feelings for Zoey and I found myself cheering them on, wanting them to be together. I wanted to jump into the story and shake her...orrrrrr just take him for myself  ;). The way Echols described moments between Doug and Zoey really surprised me. It was sweet, funny, and sometimes very hot. I was actually shocked at just how descriptive these scenes were, but hey, I have no complaints about that.  It really showed the emotion and the feelings the characters were having...especially with Doug I found.


I rarely put the book down while reading it.  I found myself wanting to find out what really happened the night of the accident as much as Zoey wanted to too. I wanted to see who she would choose to be with in the end.  Would things work out with Brandon, would things really be different for them compared to his past relationships? Or would she choose Doug, frustrating mysterious Doug?

0 comments:

Post a Comment